A fast, convenient method of finishing Pocket Door Frames. Just cut to length and install — no ripping f special thickness stock. Primed and ready for painting. For 49/16'' walls. Fits 1 3/8'' doors up to 3'0'' x 6'8''. Package comes with 5 boards. Two split header boards, two split jamb boards, and a strike jamb board. Casing not included, because of the wide variety available.
The 1510/1511 Jamb Kits are made of finger joint (primed for paint) pine (1510) or stain grade pine (1511). The kits are for 4-9/16" (116mm) jambs and 1-3/8" (35mm) door sizes up to 3'0" (914mm) X 6'8" (2,032mm), and are universal, so they should fit most pocket door frames. In addition to making a perfect companion to the Johnson 1500 Pocket Door Frame, the 1510/1511 Jamb Kit will enable builders or do-it yourselfers to install the jambs according to our recommended instructions.
1. INSTALL Pocket Door Frame following instructions as normal, including drywalling around opening. Carefully measure height "A" (from floor to bottom of frame header). Cut 11/16" (17.5mm) X 4-9/16" (2,032mm) Strike Jamb to this length.
2. OPEN door fully (door will protrude into opening) and cut split jambs to "B" Fasten to front edge of frame. Maintain minimum 3/16 (4.7mm) clearance on both sides of door. Raise or lower hangers to plumb door with split jambs.
3. SHIM and plumb strike jamb (wide piece) with door.
4. CAREFULLY cut split headers to "C" determine side of hangers with lock arm and fasten this header with screws for easy removal. Nail other side. Here, too, maintain 3/16" (4.7mm) on each side of door.
5. FASTEN bottom door guides so that door stays in center of pocket, yet travels easily without binding.
6. FINISH with your choice of casings (not included).